ASA was founded in 1974 by the Philippine Association of Secretaries and Administrative Professionals, Inc. (PAS) to provide an opportunity for secretaries in and around Asia to meet and share their knowledge and experience.
An ASA Congress is held once every 2 years and it is hosted by one of the member Associations on a rotation basis, according to seniority of their membership in ASA.
At the 13th ASA Congress held in Bangkok in September 2000, the Association’s name was changed to Association of Secretaries and Administrative Professionals in Asia Pacific (ASA) in view of the United Nations definition that “Asia is a vast region, which includes Russia and the Pacific Rim countries.”
So far twenty (22) congresses have been held and these Congresses have brought together secretaries and administrative professionals of different backgrounds, culture and work environment from all over Asia, the Pacific and the USA to discuss and work continuously on the upgrading of the secretarial and administrative profession.
PAS will be hosting once again the 23rd Congress on September 25-29, 2016 at the Marriott Grand Ballroom Plaza, Pasay City, Philippines. It hosted the 1st and 11th Congress in 1974 and 1994, respectively.
Associations are members of ASA
- Philippine Association of Secretaries & Administrative Professionals, Inc. (PAS)
- The Women Secretaries and Administrative Professionals Association of Thailand (WSAT)
- Ikatan Sekretaries Indonesia Dan Administratif Professionals Indonesia (ISI)
- Singapore Association of Administrative Professionals (SAAP)
- Indian Association of Secretaries & Administrative Professionals (IASAP)
- The Malaysian Association of Professional Secretaries and Administrators (MAPSA)
- The Chinese Association of Secretaries and Administrative Professionals (CASAP)
- Distinguished Secretaries’ Society of Pakistan (DSSP)
- Sri Lanka Association of Administrative & Professional Secretaries (SLAAPS)
- Association of Secretaries and Administrative Professional (Brunei) (ASAP)
- Professional Secretaries Welfare Association (Bangladesh) (PSWA)
- Korean Association of Administrative Professionals (KAAP)
ASA Congress History
(+63 2) 813 – 6468
(+63 2) 753 – 1854
Join Our Newsletter
Receive the latest news & events updates